After completing her bachelor in sociology at Istanbul Bilgi University, she received her master degree at Koç University with a thesis exploring the middle class experiences and strategies in education. She has worked at Hrant Dink Foundation as a research coordinator and then, she has started doing her PhD at Basel University. Currently, she continues her PhD in Leipzig University and works on the transformation of family and family politics as a part of a broader DFG project on family and youth in Turkey.
- Since 04/2021 Junior Researcher, Institute for the Study of Religions, Research Project "Piety and Secularity Contested: Family and Youth Politics in post-Kemalist 'New Turkey'" (Prof. Dr. Markus Dreßler), Leipzig University
- Since 2021 PhD Candidate, Cultural Sociology, Leipzig University, Germany
- 2019 – 2020 PhD Candidate, Near and Middle Eastern Studies, Basel University, Switzerland
- 2015 – 2018 Junior Researcher, TUBITAK Research Project, “The Effects of Social Class on Academic Achievement: Family – School Relations”, (Asst. Prof. Çetin Çelik), Koç University
- 2015 – 2018 MA, Comparative Studies in History and Society, Koç University, Turkey
- 2010 - 2015 BA, Sociology, Istanbul Bilgi University, Turkey