“Climate Solidarities“ is an international online climate conference for young people in English. It is organised by the Leipzig Children's University in cooperation with the Research Centre Global Dynamics | ReCentGlobe at Leipzig University and the GLOBE21 science festival, sponsored by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research. We have prepared five scientific workshops for young people: a Climate Interactive Simulation Game, a workshop on Microplastic Pollution, a presentation on Climate Change at the North Pole, one on EcoLiterature for School and a large workshop called A Critical View on Sustainable Development Goals.
We will focus on topics concerning our climate and have already amazing scientists holding a lecture. We would get in touch with Children and young people who want to deal with different problems of climate change. We address everyone who wants to share and present their own local activities or who wants to learn from others and bolster the direct connection to scientific projects and research. In Germany we aim at people 14+ years of age, mainly for reasons of English language competence, but younger people with confident English presentational skills are very welcome to participate too.
18 NOVEMBER 2021
13:00 CET Kick-Off, Welcome & Mutual Presentations (of Climate Actions and Projects)
- Event 1A: Climate Interactive Simulation Game – C Roads (Hans Dieter Kasperidus),
- Event 2: A Critical View on Sustainable Development Goals (Parissa Chokrai and Benedikt Seger)
- Event 3: How to Improve Global Governance Against (Micro)Plastic Pollution? (Giorgia Caratta)
- Event 4: Lit4School – Discussing Current Affairs in the Classroom (Sara Clart)
19 NOVEMBER 2021
13:00 CET Congress Meeting & Call to Action, Possible International
- Event 1B: Climate Interactive Simulation Game – En-Roads (Hans Dieter Kasperidus)
- Event 4: Lit4School - Discussing Current Affairs in the Classroom (Sara Clart)
- Event 5: Arctic Expedition - Climate Change at the North Pole (Christian Pilz)
Public Presentation of the Results (Live Stream)
An event of the Leipzig Research Centre Global Dynamics | ReCentGlobe of the University of Leipzig and the GLOBE21 Festival in cooperation with the Children's University Leipzig. Sponsored by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research.